Who We Are:
Dynamo Software is a leading global Research and Portfolio Management SaaS provider headquartered in Watertown, MA. We’ve been delivering innovative analytics and intelligent automation to our clients in the alternative investments industry (including private equity, hedge funds, and real estate) for over 20 years. Now backed by Francisco Partners, Dynamo seeking to grow our team based on rapidly increasing demand for our financial technology solutions.
Business Analyst, Limited Partners Vertical – Full time, based in Watertown, MA
Our ideal candidate first seeks to understand why a client challenge is important before leading their team towards a solution. Candidates should be equally comfortable answering detailed requirements questions from a senior developer as they are pitching a new innovative feature to a Chief Investment Officer. To be effective in this role, The Business Analyst will strive to become an expert in our clients’ workflows, organizational structures, and business priorities. They will possess the ability to listen effectively to clients’ challenges and translate them into clear requirements for our developers. They will also have a strong technical aptitude, capable of working independently with complex analytics or advanced datasets.
Reporting to the Director of LP Product Management, this position requires a trusted teammate who fosters collaborative relationships throughout Sales, Client Services, and Development. Our unique culture is an important part of what makes our company special. Dynamo is a company that invests in its people and rewards their success with individual recognition, responsibility, and career growth.
- Lead software projects with cross-functional teammates from client services, development, and QA.
- Independently seek and capture detailed requirements based on direct client engagement.
- Iteratively user acceptance test new capabilities alongside Dev/QA to ensure project goals are met.
- Educate internal teams on new product capabilities via presentations and documentation.
- Examples include new financial data analytics, qualitative data extraction, and robust data integration.
- Perform sales engineering: create and present product demonstrations to senior prospective client personnel.
- Develop and continually improve demonstration databases based on feedback from sales.
- Support our client services team in successfully implementing clients with complex business and product needs.
- Present new product capabilities and best practices to users at client roundtables and user conferences.
- Identify and advocate for product roadmap additions based on internal and external feedback.
- Continually increase your knowledge of Dynamo’s clients, our products, and user best practices.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years professional software experiences (development, services, and/or sales support)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science preferred
- Track record of leading teams through influence to meet business objectives in a self-starter environment
- Experience in financial technology and/or knowledge of the alternative investment industry preferred
- Curiosity to achieve and maintain expert level knowledge of Dynamo’s clients and products
What We Offer:
- Mentorship and support from colleagues who are eager to help new teammates make an immediate impact.
- A welcoming and self-starter friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute their ideas.
- We encourage employees to think hard about how we can improve what we do and solve new client changes.
- An attractive work culture in a successful technology company. We take pride in our work and people.
- Regular company events including dinners, trips, activities, pizza parties… we’re a FinTech company that’s committed to maintaining a positive and collaborative environment.
- A competitive base salary, performance bonus, 401k matching, & excellent benefits.
Email Matt Keller (matt AT dynamosoftware.com) with your resume and cover letter to apply.