On the heels of Dynamo University ’23 in Boston (May 11th and 12th), our product innovation teams listened to feedback from clients and have begun processing further optimizations for Dynamo’s end-to-end alternative investments platform. In the meantime, read more on how General Partners (GPs) and Limited Partners (LPs) can benefit from understanding more of what Dynamo offers and how we can further help to unleash critical investment insights.
For General Partners (GPs)
Four Key Insights from the Frontline | What our Clients Are Asking For & How we are Addressing the Need
As we have pressed, pushed, and released new FinTech capabilities for Dynamo’s platform over the last 20 years, we continually build our roadmap based on client feedback, industry trends, and platform/security initiatives. Client feedback is invaluable, and we are committed to align our tech innovation with what’s really needed to optimize investment workflows. At Dynamo University ’23 in Boston, we solicited feedback in a variety of different ways, including roundtable sessions, management level chats, one-on-one sessions, office hours, and general conversations. Our 12 month product roadmap directly aligns with what our clients are asking for, and we will do our very best to stay on course and deliver new capabilities and releases that will help streamline efficiencies within all aspects of your firm.
Let’s review a few of these highlights:
“We want an enhanced Investor Portal.”
We’re pleased to let our clients know, this is in the works! In fact, this is one of our biggest internal initiatives, and we’ve made some great back-end progress over the last 12 months. The front end (the fun stuff) is also coming along quite nicely, and our session at DU seemed to resonate very well with our audience. The focus is on a fresh modern feel with additional branding capabilities and an increased focus on ease of use and mobility.
“Dynamo, keep modernizing the UI!”
Dynamo is a powerful tool. This shouldn’t mean that it’s hard to use. Now, maybe we’ve focused a bit too much on how to make things more and more powerful, and perhaps, we’ve neglected the end user who wants a more simplified, easier-to-navigate experience. We’ve increased our UI/UX team by 50% so that we can focus on revamping the user experience in a positive and more seamless way. Some newer features, such as guided search, lookup visibility, and even our new left navigation look and feel, are certainly a step in the right direction. However, our product team views this as a continuous effort. There will be additional enhancements with each new product release.
“Hey Dynamo! ALL types of reporting matters!”
This may have been the feedback that was most surprising, as we thought we’d come a long way! For example, SSRS has been the staple of the application since Day 1, and will never go away. Clients have asked us to continue to build out that reporting library, and we will. High Charts is Dynamo’s in-UI reporting tool that end users can configure on their own. Clients are asking our team to incorporate additional chart types. And, we are committed to doing so, as we have a pipeline of three to five additional chart types on schedule to add by year end (2023). Finally, Dynamo’s newest reporting tool, PowerBI, has had tremendous adoption since it was integrated into the platform. Dynamo’s roadmap for this tool is very strong, and we will continue to release both new charts and enhancements to existing charts each and every release.
“Can you help simplify the back office”
Dynamo’s end users leverage the platform in a variety of ways, including CRM and Deal Management, Fundraising, Investor Relations, Fund Accounting, and Portfolio Management. The challenge is that their internal accounting teams are maintaining a set of books and records outside of the application. Over the last 18 months, Dynamo’s product team has been building an internal accounting solution to assist, with a reporting engine to back it up. It’s currently advanced beyond beta. In fact, at Dynamo University ’23 in Boston, we demonstrated this. Additionally, we’ve built a team internally around this module. Again, we are committed to ensuring continuous improvements that will be reflected in each forthcoming product release.
GP-Focused Dynamo Frontline Insight Report
Don’t wait any longer to download your complimentary copy today.
Surveying more than 100 GPs, read these latest findings today in Dynamo’s Frontline Insight Report. Some key findings include:
- Keep Investing, the Returns Will Follow I GPs are mindful and cautious of current market conditions, yet demonstrate confidence in their investment strategies. The majority of GPs surveyed (68%) will not further diversify their portfolios in 2023. Rather, they will remain focused on their single, highest-performing asset class.
- Cautious with Costs I The majority of GPs (88%) indicated they will not shift their firm’s management fee structure. The current economic conditions have inﬂuenced them to keep costs at bay for their LPs.
- Tech Cuts ARE NOT on the Table I Even with market fragility in play, GP technology budgets are untouchable. Nearly half (49%) of GPs indicated that over the next 12 months, their tech budget will stay the same. Another 45% said they expect budgets to increase.
NEW Emerging Manager Frontline Insight Report
Dynamo surveyed 100+ global Emerging Managers to gain an inside look at trends and perceptions within the ALTS industry. The results are now available and contextualized in this NEW primary research, highlighting sentiment around investment strategies, fundraising, FinTech budgets, ESG/DEI reporting & more! Download your copy of the Frontline Insight Report for Emerging Managers today.
For Limited Partners (LPs) & Asset Allocators
Fund Pipeline Analytics Dashboard
There are a number of key enhancements detailed below:
- Ability to track yearly Investment Committee (IC) submissions, approvals, etc. which grants the user a high-level look into the effectiveness of their organization’s due diligence efforts year-over-year (YOY).
- Breakout of IC submissions, approvals, etc. by Asset class/Sub asset class providing the user an in-depth look into their organization’s investment preferences YOY.
Ready to Learn More?
Attention Dynamo Clients! Please contact your Client Success Manager to learn more about these enhancements.
Private Asset Analytics | EARLY Access Program
Dynamo is a one-stop platform for research management, portfolio management, and analytics. By partnering with Northfield, Dynamo extends its modeling and forecasting of cash flows and fair values. See why forecasting with Dynamo + Northfield is superior.
Read more about signing up for our early access program today. Additionally, for LPs and asset allocators interested in learning more about the Dynamo | Northfield beta and early access program, please contact DynamoNF@dynamosoftware.com.
Watch our 30-minute webinar with Northfield, available now on-demand.
Dynamo Frontline Insight Report
Don’t wait any longer to download your complimentary copy today.
Surveying more than 100 LPs and asset allocators, read these latest findings today in Dynamo’s Frontline Insight Report. Some key findings include:
- Alternative Investments | Informed risks with the prospect of higher returns equates to 55% of respondents indicating they will increase their ALTS allocation in 2023.
- FinTech Uplift | Tech budgets aren’t decreasing. In fact, 51% of LPs and asset allocators will increase their technology spend over the next 12 months.
- Talent War | Labor shortages and recruiting top talent go hand-in-hand with enabling the business with the right technology. Teams need to be empowered through automation, which leads to productivity acceleration and right-time decision making.
NOW AVAILABLE ON-DEMAND | 7 Steps to ESG Webinar
View the Informative Session Today.
Prioritizing & Setting Expectations Around Your Firm’s ESG Strategy
If you missed the session in April 2023, now is the time to view the playback! Gain a 360-degree real-world perspective on ESG strategies, frameworks, and KPIs. Learn how FinTech can be the business enabler providing full control and transparency for achieving these goals.
Ready to Learn More about Dynamo?
For Dynamo clients who would like to learn more, please contact your Client Support liaison or visit the Help area of your Dynamo interface.