Our product innovation teams have been digging deeper into methods for ensuring clients are able to obtain ultimate value of Dynamo’s end-to-end alternative investments platform. Read more on how General Partners (GPs) and Limited Partners (LPs) can benefit from understanding more of what Dynamo offers and how we can further help to unleash critical investment insights.
For General Partners (GPs)
As Dynamo’s GP Product and Innovation teams continue to press around adding new capabilities to Dynamo Accounting:
- Added Transaction Audit Reports | These will help to analyze transactional activity for potential errors that could impact financial reporting. Dynamo’s product team recognized that it’s difficult to reconcile data directly from within the user interface of an application. Therefore, using Excel-based reporting with error-check functions makes the process much more seamless.
- Added a Distribution Waterfall Complex Transaction Template | Now available for both simple waterfalls and waterfalls with preferred returns! Waterfall calculations follow the complexity of each individual fund’s LPA. Most applications, including Dynamo, can store those terms within the attributes of the fund, but determining if the fund is in carry based on current activity and allocating quarterly transactions is quite complex. In addition, auditors will want to see how those figures were derived, so Dynamo leverage Excel’s flexibility and computing power to not only calculate those numbers, but also show the formulas used to trace every dollar.
- Launched First Iteration of Invest Europe Reporting Guidelines | In order to ensure Dynamo’s European clients can adopt the Invest Europe Guidelines, our product team created a replica via SSRS in order to get started.
- Added a PowerBI Portfolio Dashboard | Our team has developed this new dashboard to track current holdings and their associated cost, NAV, and performance. Dynamo already offers a very powerful Excel-based IRR Reporting. We wanted to provide a PowerBI Chart within the application for end users to slice and dice their data across various portfolio attributes like sector and region.
To help ensure our GP clients are leveraging every aspect of Dynamo’s capabilities around reporting and analytics, the team has released a special Dashboard Library. Throughout this robust library, clients can view examples in the Hedge Fund, Private Equity (PE) / Venture Capital (VC), and Real Estate verticals of various reporting and drill-down options.
For clients, the complete GP library can be viewed / downloaded in the Dynamo Help Center.
Dynamo’s portfolio monitoring team is working on some additions to our reporting library, such as a new Tearsheet, a one-pager for financial statements, and some additional options for viewing capital structure. Keep an eye out as these become available, and as always, contact your Dynamo Account Manager for additional information.
Download the New Dynamo Portfolio Monitoring & Valuation Brochure
NEW Dynamo Frontline Insight Report
Surveying more than 100 GPs, read these latest findings today in Dynamo’s Frontline Insight Report. Some key findings include:
- Keep Investing, the Returns Will Follow I GPs are mindful and cautious of current market conditions, yet demonstrate confidence in their investment strategies. The majority of GPs surveyed (68%) will not further diversify their portfolios in 2023. Rather, they will remain focused on their single, highest-performing asset class.
- Cautious with Costs I The majority of GPs (88%) indicated they will not shift their firm’s management fee structure. The current economic conditions have inﬂuenced them to keep costs at bay for their LPs.
- Tech Cuts ARE NOT on the Table I Even with market fragility in play, GP technology budgets are untouchable. Nearly half (49%) of GPs indicated that over the next 12 months, their tech budget will stay the same. Another 45% said they expect budgets to increase.
For Limited Partners (LPs) & Asset Allocators
Optimize your portfolio management suite by leveraging Dynamo’s Liquidity v2 to track liquidity terms and predict cash availability from fund investments. Having a robust liquidity management program in place allows investors to react appropriately to market disruption. Investors that successfully match their portfolio assets and liabilities can mitigate the risk of a disorderly liquidation of portfolio assets at distressed prices.
Answer questions such as:
- How soon can we have access to our investment?
- From which investment(s) can we redeem with the least amount of penalties?
- What is the cutoff date for providing notice?
- How much money is available in 3 months? 6 months? 12 months?
Attention Dynamo Clients | For more information, see the expanded section in Dynamo Help > Liquidity v2
Note: Log in to your Dynamo account first, then click on the link.
Private Asset Analytics | EARLY Access Program
Dynamo is a one-stop platform for research management, portfolio management, and analytics. By partnering with Northfield, Dynamo extends its modeling and forecasting of cash flows and fair values. See why forecasting with Dynamo + Northfield is superior.
Read more about signing up for our early access program today. Additionally, for LPs and asset allocators interested in learning more about the Dynamo | Northfield beta and early access program, please contact DynamoNF@dynamosoftware.com.
Watch our 30-minute webinar with Northfield, available now on-demand.
Dynamo Frontline Insight Report
Don’t wait any longer to download your complimentary copy today.
Surveying more than 100 LPs and asset allocators, read these latest findings today in Dynamo’s Frontline Insight Report. Some key findings include:
- Alternative Investments | Informed risks with the prospect of higher returns equates to 55% of respondents indicating they will increase their ALTS allocation in 2023.
- FinTech Uplift | Tech budgets aren’t decreasing. In fact, 51% of LPs and asset allocators will increase their technology spend over the next 12 months.
- Talent War | Labor shortages and recruiting top talent go hand-in-hand with enabling the business with the right technology. Teams need to be empowered through automation, which leads to productivity acceleration and right-time decision making.
On-Demand | 7 Steps to ESG Webinar
Watch the Playback Today.
Prioritizing & Setting Expectations Around Your Firm’s ESG Strategy
Now available! Watch the on-demand playback to gain a 360-degree real-world perspective on ESG strategies, frameworks, and KPIs. Learn how FinTech can be the business enabler providing full control and transparency for achieving these goals.
Ready to Learn More about Dynamo?
For Dynamo clients who would like to learn more, please contact your Client Support liaison or visit the Help area of your Dynamo interface.