With the new year comes new product highlights. Dynamo’s product and innovation teams continue to stay focused on delivering new enhancements around our end-to-end alternative investments platform. This month’s update provides both a refresh of in-depth reporting and analytics, while showcasing what’s around the corner for Dynamo’s mobile app.
For Limited Partners (LPs) & Asset Allocators
Exposure Analysis Dashboard
Geared toward LPs who value look-through of their portfolios, the streamlined Exposure Analysis Dashboard empowers clients to quickly analyze exposures via dynamic data visualization and interaction. Dynamo users can also decompose exposures using historical data to understand portfolio changes by region, sector, currency, or market capitalization.
- Measure exposure to financial markets to understand a portfolio’s vulnerability to market fluctuations
- Quickly gain valuable insights via dynamic data visualizations
- Accommodates both Manager Reported and Holdings-based exposures
- Monitor changes in portfolio concentration (or diversification) over time
- Understand a fund manager’s use of leverage to amplify investment performance
- Evaluate a manager’s expertise on managing exposures through market swings and commitment to the fund’s mandate
Pivot Grids within UI (user interface)
This functionality brings the ability to create pivot grids powered by Dynamo Analytics within Dynamo interface. This means that users are now empowered to create ad hoc reports and save them for future use without leaving Dynamo. The functionality also enables the grid to display interactive charts that are updated dynamically depending on how a user interacts with the grid table.
- Ability to build pivot grids using powerful Excel Analytics in collaboration within Dynamo
- Drill-through functionality available in the grids (e.g., users can drill-down to individual investments if Asset Class grouping is selected within the grid)
- Interactive charts updated dynamically to supplement the grid view
- Workspaces containing pivot grids can be created by admins or users who have permissions to create workspaces
- Note: To use the functionality, the company must be subscribed to Excel Analytics
- Report showing value change over time by asset class
- Ad hoc portfolio reports to supplement core dashboards
Private Asset Analytics | EARLY Access Program
Dynamo is a one-stop platform for research management, portfolio management, and analytics. By partnering with Northfield, Dynamo extends its modeling and forecasting of cash flows and fair values. See why forecasting with Dynamo + Northfield is superior.
Read more about signing up for our early access program today.
Watch our 30-minute webinar with Northfield, available now on-demand.
Mobile Mania! Introducing a Fresh Face
Dynamo is gearing up for the first release of the year, and in particular we have some big changes coming to our mobile app.
Mobile users now have a flexible homepage that can display multiple grid panels. This is ideal for showing key reminders and tasks. Bonus! Admins can further personalize the mobile display by setting a different landing page for each user group.
The updated mobile display will also feature a user’s most frequently used items front-and-center – Contacts, Deals, and anything else. Dynamo’s app learns what a users engaged with most frequently and shows it first at the top of the homepage.
iPad users will notice a roomier layout that clearly displays more information at a glance.
See the screen shot examples below to get the full flavor of these exciting new mobile enhancements.
Look for more details on all our enhancements in the Dynamo Help section after the release!
Figure 1 | New Dynamo Mobile interface on an iPhone display.
Figure 2 | New Dynamo Mobile interface on tablet display.
Figure 3 | New Dynamo Mobile landing page on tablet display.
Dynamo Frontline Insight Report
Don’t wait any longer to download your complimentary copy today.
Surveying more than 100 LPs and asset allocators, read these latest findings today in Dynamo’s Frontline Insight Report. Some key findings include:
- Alternative Investments | Informed risks with the prospect of higher returns equates to 55% of respondents indicating they will increase their ALTS allocation in 2023.
- FinTech Uplift | Tech budgets aren’t decreasing. In fact, 51% of LPs and asset allocators will increase their technology spend over the next 12 months.
- Talent War | Labor shortages and recruiting top talent go hand-in-hand with enabling the business with the right technology. Teams need to be empowered through automation, which leads to productivity acceleration and right-time decision making.
Ready to Learn More?
For Dynamo clients who would like to learn more, please contact your Client Support liaison or visit the Help area of your Dynamo interface.