This Senior Accountant is within the Outsourced Accounting and Reporting Services practice (the “Outsourcing Practice”) and reports to a Fund Controller or Senior Manager within our Outsourcing Practice. The Outsourcing Practice focuses on private equity and provides customized bundles of accounting and reporting services to our clients, which include, but are not limited to, entry of all accounting transactions and related recordkeeping; preparation and e-delivery of quarterly unaudited financial statements and investor reports; preparation and e-delivery of investor capital calls and distributions; coordination of annual audits, including drafting the footnotes to the audited financials; coordination of annual partnership income tax returns and e-delivery of Schedule K-1s to investors; maintenance of clients’ online investor portals; responding to ad hoc questions from clients and their investors; administering the treasury function including lines of credit.
Typical responsibilities across multiple clients include:
- Monitor cash transactional activity and assure that related accounting entries are accurately, timely and consistently recorded. Prepare monthly/weekly bank reconciliations, as appropriate.
- Address incoming requests from clients, client investors, and client portfolio companies, as assigned by each Account Manager.
- Publish and perform initial review of weekly reports to clients.
- Assist Account Managers with capital call and distribution process, including issuing mail merge notices to client investors and processing capital call receipts.
- Manage client investor portals and related requests from client investors.
- Assist with the quarterly closing process, including gathering and confirming NAV statements from underlying investment partnerships for fund of funds clients. Publish preliminary financial and investor reports and perform initial checks and formatting thereof. Upon receipt of client approvals, assemble final reports and distribute using appropriate means for each client (either email mail merge or portal or both).
- Assist with preparation of workpapers in support of the annual audit of client records, including coordinating all investment and other confirmation requests.
- Address ad hoc requests from Account Managers for additional research and analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of annual Schedule K-1s for client investors, including compiling K-1 header information for tax preparer, responding to tax preparer requests for additional information, verifying select K-1 data on the draft K-1s, assuring that proper records are maintained in accordance with IRS regulations governing electronic delivery of K-1s and ultimately delivering K-1s to client investors (either by email, portal or USPS as appropriate).
- Determine amounts subject to annual Form 1099-MISC reporting. Provide amounts to Controller to facilitate preparation of 1099s and related Form 1096s through online vendor for client review.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Private equity or partnership investment accounting experience preferred
- Technical interest/ aptitude, including strong Excel skills
- Prior experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP highly desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to a high degree of customer service
- Capable of working independently, juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, Dynamo Software is a premier provider of CRM/RMS, portfolio management and reporting software for the alternative assets industry, servicing both asset managers and asset owners across multiple market segments. Intuitive and highly configurable, the platform has improved the productivity of deal, research, and investor relations teams worldwide. Collectively, our 700+ clients manage approximately $4 trillion in assets on our Cloud-based platform.
The Company’s proprietary Dynamo Accounting software provides easy access to all firm information from one intuitive interface, handles complex fund structures and economic arrangements, and provides best of breed reporting. Dynamo Software’s experienced team of accounting professionals offers a full range of implementation and outsourcing services tailored to each client’s needs and budget. Clients include venture, buy-out, fund of funds, SBICs, family offices and other private equity firms with assets under management ranging from under $200 million to multi-billion.
Although we operate as a unified team, our Dynamo Back Office team effectively has two practices:
- Dynamo Accounting licensing and related implementation & support services
- Outsourced Accounting and Reporting Services