The Fund Controller is within the Outsourced Accounting and Reporting Services practice (the “Outsourcing Practice”) and reports to a Senior Manager within our Outsourcing Practice. The Outsourcing Practice focuses on private equity and provides customized bundles of accounting and reporting services to our clients, which include, but are not limited to, entry of all accounting transactions and related recordkeeping; preparation and e-delivery of quarterly unaudited financial statements and investor reports; preparation and e-delivery of investor capital calls and distributions; coordination of annual audits, including drafting the footnotes to the audited financials; coordination of annual partnership income tax returns and e-delivery of Schedule K-1s to investors; maintenance of clients’ online investor portals; responding to ad hoc questions from clients and their investors; administering the treasury function including lines of credit.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide “white glove”, hands-on management of multiple client relationships.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each client entity LPA/LLC provisions and ensure work product is compliant with these provisions.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of client deliverables.
- Ensure the highest level of responsiveness to any client questions or issues.
- Oversee work of Senior Accountant(s) on respective client accounts.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in private equity or partnership investment accounting, including 2+ years in a managerial/leadership role
- Technical interest/ aptitude, including strong Excel skills
- Prior experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP highly desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to a high degree of customer service
- Capable of working independently, juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, Dynamo Software is a premier provider of CRM/RMS, portfolio management and reporting software for the alternative assets industry, servicing both asset managers and asset owners across multiple market segments. Intuitive and highly configurable, the platform has improved the productivity of deal, research, and investor relations teams worldwide. Collectively, our 700+ clients manage approximately $4 trillion in assets on our Cloud-based platform.
The Company’s proprietary Dynamo Accounting software provides easy access to all firm information from one intuitive interface, handles complex fund structures and economic arrangements, and provides best of breed reporting. Dynamo Software’s experienced team of accounting professionals offers a full range of implementation and outsourcing services tailored to each client’s needs and budget. Clients include venture, buy-out, fund of funds, SBICs, family offices and other private equity firms with assets under management ranging from under $200 million to multi-billion.
Although we operate as a unified team, our Dynamo Back Office team effectively has two practices:
- Dynamo Accounting licensing and related implementation & support services
- Outsourced Accounting and Reporting Services